What could best sum-up how I am feeling right now? The following quote:
I think that quote not only speaks how I am feeling, but I think it is something all of us should take a moment to reflect upon since the end of 2012 is officially here.
I couldn't be more thankful for all the experiences I've had this year. We have moved from our home in North Carolina to live in Kansas City. While in Kansas City, we lived with my Mother-in-law. It was good to be home and surrounded by family. The experience was short-lived though, because in October, we moved to New York for Daniel's job. I have discovered I have more strength within me to confront change than I thought I did. I've learned to laugh more, try new things, and to accept whatever situation I am placed in. This year, I also learned a lot about the importance of patience, compromise, and forgiveness. Most importantly, I am slowly defining my roles as a wife, mother, daughter, and friend. I'm finding my "voice", building my confidence, and discovering the things that are important to me in life. I'm not perfect. I still have a whole journey ahead of me to help mold me into the person I know I can be. So, today as I say "good-bye" to 2012, I will embrace the journey I will embark on in 2013. May 2013 bring everyone much happiness and joy!
Okay. Done with my reflection. Now, here are some highlights (with pictures!) to help everyone see what I've been up to since my last post!
Allen excited to see Santa. We had to ride the elevator to the 8th floor to go visit Santaland!
|All aboard! We took the train to the North Pole!|
|Everything was so neat and enchanted in Santaland!|
|Bears playing drums!|
|We did NOT go back. Instead, we got back on the subway to come home.|
On Monday, December 17th, Allen and Mason started school! Allen is attending a Pre-School program, and the school just so happened to have an opening to offer Mason for the Nursery School program. I immediately jumped on the opportunity to sign him up. Mason attends school from 8:30-11:30am. During this time, Allen and I hang out in the parent room. It is nice to be able to have one-on-one time with the boys. At noon, Allen starts school. During this time, Mason and I have lunch (Allen gets lunch at school), read books, play, and my favorite: he allows me to hold him while he naps. Allen's school ends at 2:30pm. It might seem inconvenient to some people that I literally sit at the school all day from 8:30am-2:30pm. However, I like it. Like I said, I get quality time with the boys. Plus, if I really wanted to, I could leave at noon and come back at 2:30pm. The drive isn't that bad. I plan on starting school again soon, so it will be nice to have some time to sit and read also. Above, is a picture of the Holiday party. Mason was interested in seeing Santa. This is the best picture I could get. The school had a Christmas puppet show, a visit from Santa, and Christmas treats. It was adorable.
|Allen got to attend Mason's Christmas party!|
|Enjoying lunch with Mason!|
|Mason napping in my arms. I love it.|
|All done with school!|
|Allen and I playing blocks. :)|
|Mason napping while I get my nails done while Allen is in school. It was so nice!|
|Allen and Mason made their fist slingshot. Oh, boys.|
|My sweet bear.|
|Santa left taxi chocolates in the stockings!|
|Excited about all the stuff Santa left! He asked me if I got to meet Santa. :) I told him that Santa came when mommy was asleep too.|
|My new friend, Larisa, found out that I was having a birthday on the 28th. She surprised me with this beautiful purple scarf. I absolutely love it. It is so soft and warm. :)|
|She also bought me this beautiful bracelet.|
|Here we are waiting for the F train!|
|Our tourist picture!|
|Dakota and I had Sushi Time for lunch! (I will skip all the "food porn" pictures from this event).|
|Looking at SNOW!|
Below, are pictures of when Allen first saw Dakota for the first time! I know, I should re-arrange the pictures to go above, but it is a pain. So you get to see them now! :)
|Allen screaming: DAKOTA!!!!!!|
My sweet mason had a birthday on the 31st! He is now officially in the "Terrible Two" stage! However, I feel like he has gradually been building up to this stage for a while. Not that he is "terrible". I hate using that word. He is strong willed. I think that sounds much better.
I will never forget the day our little Mason made his appearance. If you are interested in reading it, the story is archived under my 2011 posts. :)
Mason has brought us so much joy. Happy Birthday, MasaBear!
|Here Bear is cuddling with his Da.|
|Happy Birthday cupcakes!|
|Check out his awesome Sponge Bob candle! Thanks to Maw-Maw for buying the party wear and candle!|
|Here is the Birthday Boy! He is uncertain of this birthday thing.|
|He then saw his cupcake, and was so excited!|
|Haha, his cuteness is too much for me to handle sometimes!|
|He got shy when we started singing to him.|
|Here is my NYE outfit!|
|I participated in a NYE Blogger "Cheers!" event. It was so much fun! Basically, Bloggers from all over submitted their names and contact information. You were then paired with a "Cheers Buddy". You had to buy a "cheers" glass for your buddy and mail it them. I was paired with a lady named Joni from Texas. She sent me this adorable glass. (It is plastic so it won't break!) and she also sent some cute glasses for the boys. I completed my December Checklist with having some sparkling grape juice with the boys! :) Cheers!|
Click here to check out the lady that hosted the event! She is amazing, by the way! Fun fact: she used to be my neighbor in North Carolina! I love her! :) She has done so many things with her blog, and she has a Facebook Fan Page too. I know she is making a huge difference in the lives of many Marine spouses/girlfriend/etc. It is nice to know that you aren't alone while you are a spouse in the military. Semper Fi!
|With our Birthday Boy!|
|On the subway!|
|The concert venue!|
- Continue to update this regularly.
- Grow out my hair. Yeah, I know. Silly. You don't understand how obsessed I am with cutting my hair though. It is ridiculous. I miss my long hair.
- Start school this year. I keep going back and forth on if I want to start online classes in spring, or if I want to wait and enroll in classes this fall. Along with this goal, I want to make my final decision on what I want to major in. So far, I have managed to not change my mind for about six months, but I have two majors that I'm equally interested in.
- Keep up my healthy eating and exercising. I've lost twenty pounds. Only ten more to go until I am at my target weight! This has been important to me, because of the pre-diabetes concern.
- Continue to set boundaries and communicate what I want with others.
- Read 50 books this year. Feel free to send me suggestions.
- Write a letter to three different family members and three different friends every month.
- Find an organization to volunteer for within the community.
- Go on a date with my husband once a month. Even if that means we sit at home and watch a movie.
- Take the boys to do something new in the city (go to museum, central park, Lego Land, etc.) once a month.
- Start writing a novel. Ha, maybe this is a waste of time, but I feel like I have so many wonderful experiences I could share.
- Laugh more and have fewer expectations of how I think everything should be. I guess, work on accepting situations, forgiving, and learning from experiences.
- Patience. I could use a lot of that!