Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Greetings, Bloggers!

Well, I’ve decided to start blogging. I think this will be a good thing, because I know I have family that will enjoy reading the daily activities that take place in Allen’s World. I also think this will be a great way for me to express myself. I have always kept a journal until recently. One of my friends suggested that I get my blog printed every year. I think that is a fantastic idea. I love technology. I love the idea of blogging. I guess it is the new and modern way to not only stay connected but to keep a journal of events. Enough of my blabbing…


With my first post, I think I will introduce some key “characters” in my life that I will be blogging about.


First, allow me to introduce myself.
 My name is Ashley Hernandez. I am married to my best friend, Daniel Hernandez. Life has been very adventurous for us lately. We have been married for almost three years. However, most of that time has been spent away from each other instead of together. Daniel is in the Marine Corps, and has been deployed 18 months out of marriage. The past 8 months has been the longest time we’ve spent together. It has been challenging because I’ve been pregnant with our second baby, so I haven’t been the easiest to get along with. When I am not worn out from growing our next child and chasing after our two-year-old, I am working on online classes through Columbia College, taking pictures, baking, reading, playing Freecell, talking on the phone, or spending time with friends.




Meet Daniel:
Daniel is my husband. He is in the Marine Corps. He is a picky eater. He likes to play computer games. Does that cover it? Yeah. He is a very simple guy. I appreciate his simple outlook on life, and his ability to be a loyal and honest husband. Every day I discover something about him that makes me love him a little more.  I admire his bond with Allen. There really is a special bond that takes place between a father and a son. Daniel and Allen have that special bond. Daniel also enjoys making others laugh, reading news, and listening to music.  




Meet Allen:
If you were to ask Daniel and I what is the most important thing in our lives I know we would both answer: Allen. Allen is the center of our world, and he knows it! Allen loves to watch Sesame Street, dance, play with his train set, “read’ books, draw, play outside, and give lots of hugs and kisses. He turned 2 on October 22nd. I can’t believe he is already two! It doesn’t seem possible to me. He is a very smart, inquisitive, quirky, and lovable two-year-old. One of my favorite things he does right now is say “thank-you, mommy” for everything. He is so polite. He thanks me for making him breakfast, washing his hair, changing his diaper, buckling him in his car seat…everything! It tickles me every time he says it, because if I don’t reply with “You’re welcome, Allen” he will repeat himself even louder. He has so much personality. I hope people that read my blog will be able to get a feel for how much personality Allen has from the “adventures” I will be blogging about.




Meet Mason:
Mason is our second child. He is currently still cooking! I can’t wait to meet him! I will admit, I am a little worried to see how Allen will react. Especially since Allen’s nickname for Daniel is “MY Daddy”. Mason’s due date is December 29th, 2010. However, I think we will be meeting him before then! He is measuring big. He is estimated to be 9 pounds if I go to my due date. I’ve already started dilating, so I’m hoping he will wait until at least 37 weeks to be born. Maybe he will be only 7 pounds at 37 weeks? I can only hope! Mason is most active during the evening. He enjoys listening to Daniel’s voice, and he craves McDonald's!




I think this is a good introduction of “characters” for my first post. I will introduce more as I go along. As for now, I’m going to end my first post. Feel free to leave suggestions for future posts! I look forward to Blogging! 

3 comments:

  1. Cute post! Love the blog! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! Perfect first post-- thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! You guys are the best! Again, I couldn't have done it without your help! :)

    ReplyDelete