Thursday, December 2, 2010

Quick Update!

I was so hopeful that Mason would be here this week. I had my bet placed on the 2nd for sure. Well, it is the 2nd. Mason, where are you? I have a feeling he won’t be coming out anytime soon. He probably figures we all had our chance to meet him, and since we didn’t want him to come he is just going to stay in there as long as he can.

I have a confession: I haven’t been the best at maintaining my bed rest. I have a ton of energy. My legs were really starting to hurt, so I figured getting up and doing some house work wouldn’t hurt things too much. My house is perfect now.

The past couple of days I have had nothing to do but sit around and play with Allen. I’m not complaining. We’ve been having lots of fun playing Little People, coloring, and watching Sesame Street. We have also had some fun working on the concept of sharing. Ha, slowly he has gotten a little better. He has also learned a new sentence this week. He can now say “Be right back, Mommy!” which he proudly announces before he leaves a room. He has also picked up a new bad habit: nose picking. It really grosses me out. I read an article that says this is just probably a nervous habit, and there isn’t much to do about it. It also might be because his nose is dry. Once, I asked him to stop picking at his nose at he looked at me…frowned…and stuck his other finger up the other nostril and stuck his tongue out at me. Really? The article also said they would continue doing it if they knew it bothered you. Maybe he knows I think it is gross. I’m trying to act like it doesn’t bother me. So far, I think Allen is winning.

Not too much else is going on. Just waiting to meet Mason!  I think this weekend I’m going to take Allen to get his picture taken with Santa. Hopefully it goes well. I need a good picture for my Christmas cards I’m working on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment