ALLEN IS FOUR! Please, watch the video above. When Allen was two, this was his favorite song. He is now so excited that he is FOUR! Yes, we've listened to it about five times already this morning. :)
Thinking about his birthday, I can't believe it has been four years ago that I first met him. Without being too mushy, I'm going to share with you the day he was born. First, let me back-up and share that through out the entire pregnancy, Daniel was on his first deployment in Afghanistan, We found out three days before he left that would we be expecting a baby. It felt like the longest nine months of my life. Not only was Daniel gone, but I will admit I'm the worst pregnant person you would ever hope to be around. I'm sure there are a lot of stories that my family and friends could share about the entire experience. Some might include my cravings, carrying plastic bags with me everywhere, tons of doctors visits, and excessive amounts of complaining. Everyone was happy when the news that I would be induced on October 22nd. Daniel came back to Kansas City from his deployment on the 19th. The next two days we did some last minute preparations before Allen came. We were staying with Daniel's grandparents, and I think they were just as excited as we were. I don't know if they got much sleep the night before, but I know I didn't. We got up at 4am, decided to get ready, and arrived at the hospital almost forty minutes early. By 6am, I was in a room, and ready for the long day ahead. Since I was induced, the nurse said I would probably get really hot, so she turned the air down really low. Daniel, my mom, and Fifi, all sat in the room with me in their coats.Each one of them took turns sitting next to me and rubbing my arm. I pretty much slept through my contractions. I have a high tolerance for pain, which I'm thankful for. I didn't even need an epidural Thank goodness, because I HATE needles. By 4pm, I was dilated to a 10. My mom and Fifi left the room, and at 5:20pm Allen was born. Daniel cut the cord, and I instructed him to make sure to take pictures. He made sure to get a few, and then the doctor took one of us together. Not long after that, the room was full with family and Jill came too! Lots of pictures and doting over Allen took place. Fifi went and got Daniel and I McDonald's. we were starving! By 9pm, everyone finally left. By almost midnight, we were taken to the room we would spending the night with. Allen was taken for a bath and brought back to us. One of my fondest memories is sitting in the hospital bed with Daniel and just staring at Allen. We both didn't sleep for the longest time, because all we wanted to do was just look at him. The three of us finally fell asleep in the hospital bed together.
Now it's been four years since that special day. Each day, my love for Allen grows more and more. I didn't know it was possible to love so much, but it is. I can't believe how fast he growing. Each day he learns something new. Each day he brings me more happiness. Daniel and I couldn't be more in love with our little "Daniel clone". From the stories I've heard, he lives up to his namesake, his Uncle Allen, by being a "tease", having "cool" hair, and his infectious personality that makes him so lovable no matter what he does. Daniel's Grandpa even pointed out to me that Allen was born on the 22nd--his Uncle Allen's football number growing-up. I've always thought that was neat.
I look forward to watching Allen grow. Happy Birthday, Allen!
Allen's 20-Questions on his birthday!
1. What is your favorite color? "Purple"
2. What is your favorite toy? "My Spiderman toy!...no all of my toys!"
3. What is your favorite fruit? "Apple!"
4. What is your favorite tv show? "Superhero show!" The Avengers cartoon
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? "pizza roll"
6. What is your favorite outfit? "This one!" His green gap shirt with blue stripes. He happens to be wearing it now.
7. What is your favorite game? "It goes around, and swish!" He is trying to describe the game to me. It is a game on his tablet. It is a motorcycle racing game.
8. What is your favorite snack? "vampire cereal!" Count Chocula!
9. What is your favorite animal? "cats"
10. What is your favorite song? "Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed" Yes, we sing it!
11. What is your favorite book? "Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed" Yes, we read it too!
12. Who is your best friend? "My momma!" This melts my hearts. I was for sure he was going to say "Daddy!"
13. What is your favorite cereal? "Strawberry!" Frankenberry
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? "Water flowers"
15. What is your favorite drink? "chocolate milk"
16. What is your favorite holiday? "Christmas!"
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? "My blanket and kitty"
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? "pizza roll"
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday?"French Fries" Looks like it's a McDonald's night!
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? "Like my daddy!"
|Waiting. I'm not happy about getting my picture my picture taken. Take note, Daniel is in his coat, because the room is FREEZING.|
|YOU are my mother?!|
|Talking to baby Allen :)|
|In Great Grandpa Cherry's baby bonnet.|
|Allen was supposed to be due on my Great Grandma's birthday. I'm so happy that she got to meet him. Allen was her fist great-great-grandbaby!|