Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Christmas Cookie Exchange!


Mmm…cookies.
It’s the holidays. This means, it is the best time of the year to eat cookies. I love cookies. I’m trying to behave my pre-diabetic self by not eating too many of them. I feel like it helps for me to look at cookies, smell them, and maybe take a bite, and that is it. No more. Okay, I’m torturing myself. Whatever. Don’t judge me.

I’ve decided that it would be a great idea to host a cookie exchange. When I was pregnant with Mason, I went to a cookie exchange for a Christmas activity with the women at my church. I loved it. It was so much fun socializing with people, eating cookies, AND exchanging recipes (so I could later make more cookies)!

Since I can’t exactly have all my friends and family come to New York for a cookie exchange (although that would be pretty amazing), I’ve decided to host a virtual one! This might actually be good for me, because I won’t be able to eat over a dozen mouth-watering cookies.

Here is what I’d like everyone to do:
1.  Select your favorite cookie to make during the holidays.
2.  Give it a name…be creative and Christmas-like!
3.  Bake it. Take a picture of it. Email me picture with recipe.
4.  In two weeks, I will make a Christmas Cookie page on my blog.
Entries must be in by Midnight December 18th, 2012. 
5.  Everyone can select new recipes to make and enjoy!

Happy baking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment