Friday, November 16, 2012

As luck would have it, answered prayer, or whatever you want to call it...

Week TWO of not having to move my car!

If you know me, you know I'm one of the worst drivers...ever. Am I exaggerating? No. You've got to trust me on this statement. 

If you also know me, you know that things always tend to work out for me. I'm not trying to brag or boast about the luck that comes my way. Instead, I want to take  a minute and reflect about my "luck". Don't get me wrong, I've had challenges in my life, or periods where I'm wasn't so "lucky". But no matter what, I feel like things have a way of working themselves out. The moments that I find myself in situations that are overwhelming or seem like they are too much to handle, in the back of my mind I always know I shouldn't worry. I used to have a strong relationship with my Heavenly Father, and there has been a period recently where I haven't felt as close to him. I don't want to get into all the reasons why, but every time I take a moment to say a prayer, I always feel comforted and things just tend to work out. You might not believe in religion, or in God. And that is okay. As for me, I do. I believe that we have the right to make our own choices that might lead us to certain circumstances in our lives, however; I know that there has to be some sort of higher power looking after me and taking care of my family. You might ask, then why do bad things happen to good people? Good things don't happen to me all the time. Yet, when good things do happen, I can see them as a blessing. Even if that "blessing" is as simple as not having to move my car. 

2 comments:

  1. I tend to feel the same about my life. I am not sure why i have been "lucky" with certain aspects of life, but I am one to view the good as blessings. I am glad you do too.
    I always joke that I have the ability to will things to happen with my mind. It's powerful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why am I just now seeing this comment?! I'm sorry! Anyways, yes, I feel like I have "powerful mind powers" too. ;)

    ReplyDelete