Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Life in NY!

It's official! We finally have a New York address! Whew! We moved the day before Sandy. We were so fortunate not tot lose power or experience any flooding. Others, were not so fortunate. Those of you that are interested in donating things to victims, please let me know! There is a drop-off donation area at my gym, and I would be more than happy to take things there for you. I likewise plan on donating items. Anything and everything helps!

I feel like it has been way too long since I've updated. So much has happened! Okay, let me start from the beginning...

THE MOVE...
On Sunday, October 28th, we moved in to our New York apartment. We decided it would be the easiest on us to hire movers to move our stuff. We didn't have much to move, but driving through Manhattan is a nightmare, and we didn't want to have to make several trips (we've bought stuff since being here, and everything wouldn't fit back into the car). Daniel got up early, and went to Forest Hills to get the keys and meet the movers. Because of the storm, the subway stopped running. So, this meant that I would have to drive through Manhattan by myself, or wait until the morning when Daniel could maybe come back to Jersey City. I decided to be brave, and I packed up the remaining things I had in the apartment into the car. The boys and I then ventured through Manhattan to our apartment. Obviously, I made it just fine. I will openly admit that I'm a terrible driver. Since the drivers in NY are all over the place when they drive, my bad driving wasn't as noticeable. I'm so proud of myself for making it in one piece!

THE STORM...
The day after the move, we got up early and made a target trip to get curtains before the storm. I was really surprised that our apartment didn't at least have blinds. I didn't want people staring at us, so I'm glad that we made the journey to Target.

LIVING IN NY...
Okay, so maybe I like it here more than I'm willing to admit. If Daniel is reading this I'm sure he is thinking I told you so! I really enjoy our little neighborhood. I also absolutely love our apartment. Our broker, Ivan, is a great guy. He listened to what we wanted, and made sure to find us  a perfect place. It has everything we need really close. The people here are actually really friendly, and I have not met one person in my building or in this area that I dislike. I've met a couple people out in town that I've exchanged numbers with that have kids. I'm happy that it is starting to feel like "home" here, and I can't wait to meet new people. As my mother-in-law always reminds me, I will find "my little world" here.

The boys are adjusting well. They love living here. Mason and I are constantly battling about him wearing his coat. It is cold here, and I'm sure it will colder before the winter is over. They are also doing a wonderful job learning how to walk gently on our floors. Ha, I hope our neighbors below us don't completely hate us.

It is snowing here now, and I can't wait to see what adventures await me this week! I joined a gym, and I have all intentions of going...snow or no snow! And, yes, I will be walking.


Until then, stay warm!

A

PICTURES....

"Hurricane Mason" 

We got new furniture!

These are the boots that I walked FORTY minutes to get. When I got home, they had a rip in them. Thankfully, my sweet husband drove me back to Kohls to return them. I'm now bootless, and still in search for the "perfect pair".

I joined the gym! They have kids care, but Mason wanted to be difficult and help me sign-up. Here is my member picture. Haha, this cracks me up!

It's snowing here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment