Sunday, November 18, 2012

Explore.

 TWENTY YEARS FROM NOW YOU WILL BE MORE DISAPPOINTED BY THE THINGS THAT YOU DIDN'T DO THAN BY THE ONES YOU DID DO. 
SO THROW OFF THE BOWLINES. 
SAIL AWAY FROM THE HARBOR.
CATCH THE TRADE WINGS IN YOUR SAILS. 
EXPLORE. 
DREAM. 
DISCOVER.


Before coming to New York, I was really nervous about living here. I know I have expressed that more than once, and I'm going to say it again. I was nervous. My friend from Santa Cruz visited (as I have also mentioned in another blog post), and she helped me remember the person I used to be. I used to be excited about going new places, trying new things, and dreaming big. Somewhere along the way, I lost my confidence, questioned who I was, and a lost a part of me. I think this is all normal stuff when you are discovering who you are. Part of me thinks that your twenties is supposed to make you feel this way. It is time to explore, dream, and discover. I feel like I found the piece of me that has been missing for the past five years. Siena helped give me find the confidence I needed to step out of my comfort zone. She reminded me of the confident person I know I am. I don't know exactly what "snapped" or "clicked" that helped me realize this, but I'm thankful I did. 

Yesterday, we spent the day exploring. We took the subway to Williamsburg, then we went to Times Square. Both experiences went really well! The boys even enjoyed themselves too! I really do have some great kids. 

Here are some pictures:


This is a vintage thrift store/random everything-you-could-imagine store. We went here first.

Vintage clothing store/consignment. AMAZING boots I saw. Too bad they were all about $300 dollars.

My little man.

Williamsburg had some awesome street vendors. I found this ring. $5. I love it. If you know about The Vampire Diaries: this is my "daylight" ring. (Ha. You know you are smiling right now. ;) )
We ate at a really yummy pizza place for lunch!
My pizza!



Siena finally had New York pizza that she liked!

Toys R Us! I've never been in such an awesome  Toys R Us. It was HUGE! It had four levels (maybe more). The downstairs had an ice cream bar called "Scopes R US!", they had a Willywonka Chocolate Factory, a farris wheel, and just so much stuff to do and look at. We were a little overwhelmed. 




We made it to Times Square!
                        
 Me and my boys at the Toys R US store! :)


We also went to the M&M store. It's called M&M's World. It was pretty awesome. It was also pretty overwhelming. Not in a bad way, but in the sense that there was so much to do and look at. I stopped taking pictures sometime after this store, to conserve battery on my phone. However, we also went to H&M and Anthropologie. We saw someone getting married, and we saw lots of Christmas decorations. I can't wait to go back! I would not venture there by myself with the boys, because of how busy everything is, but going and exploring with someone was a ton of fun. Plus, I don't think I would ever go by myself. I have never seen so many people in my life. I felt very "small" in such a BIG city! Oh, and it was a much better experience walking there than driving. Ha!

I hope everyone has a fabulous Sunday. Next week, plan an adventure. The world is waiting.

~A
                                                                                      


No comments:

Post a Comment