Friday, November 23, 2012

Love.

Black Friday 2007, I said "yes"! 

It is hard for me to believe that five years ago, Daniel and I spent our first Thanksgiving together. We both spent Thanksgiving in Raleigh, NC. It is one of my fondest memories. Every year, on Thanksgiving and the day after; I can't help but remember our first Thanksgiving together. Here are some pictures:

At dinner. Our Thanksgivings are a little on the non-traditional side. Every year since, I make ribs for Thanksgiving.

Our Black Friday deals? My ring. It is in his pocket.

Me by the Christmas tree. I'm pretty sure I insisted we take these pictures.

After he asked me to marry him at the skating rink. :)

I have a confession...part of me wishes I could back in time and re-live the past five years. There would be so many things I would do and say differently. If given the chance, I would love you more (if that is even possible?!), I would try to be more understanding of you, and I would taste my words before spiting them out. I'm not a very understanding person when things don't tend to go my way. I can also be rather moody. My poor husband is the one that has to deal with my moods, my complaining, and my ups and downs. For that, I'm thankful for his understanding. I hope he knows how much I love him. I hope he knows how proud I am of his accomplishments, and the type of father he is to our children. I love you, Daniel. I hope you love me just as much as the day you asked me to marry you. I know, if given the opportunity; I'd do it all over again. Thankfully, we have a lifetime to love, learn, and laugh together.





1 comment:

  1. I love you guys, and I'm so glad to hear you're doing well. And no, it's not bad to want to relive the happiest moments of your life, just don't forget to live the life you have right now! <3

    ReplyDelete